Welcome to P-MARS
The ACT Government is introducing a new online system for managing and reporting on capital works across government, known as the Project Management and Reporting System (P-MARS).
Suppliers of works and services that are managed as part of the ACT Government’s capital works program may be impacted by the implementation of P-MARS. This site provides key information about P‑MARS, what suppliers will need to do to prepare, and who to contact with comments or questions.
WHAT IS P-MARS?
P-MARS has been designed to establish a common approach for managing the delivery of, and reporting on capital works by the ACT Government. This means that current contract management systems and processes will eventually be replaced by P-MARS. In the first instance, all projects managed by PCW will be run through P-MARS.
HOW WILL I BE AFFECTED?
You will need to register for access to the P-MARS Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) portal, for the works and services you provide under contract to the ACT Government. The SRM portal will allow you to:
- Electronically submit payment claims;
- Electronically submit invoices for payment;
- Track the payment status of invoices;
- Communicate directly with Project Managers on specific contractual matters; and
- Update insurances and submit documentation.
You will be invited to a briefing and provided with all the necessary information to access the SRM portal, including a password protected logon. If you are unable to attend one of the briefing sessions, information will be made available online or through your ACT Government Project or Contract Manager. Until that time please continue with business as usual.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR MY BUSINESS?
P-MARS will provide industry with an efficient communication channel with the ACT Government to manage payment claims, invoicing, and to manage the update of insurances and other compliance matters.
In particular, P-MARS aims to simplify invoice payment processes and enhance the ACT Government’s ability to administer its contracts, with flow-on benefits to administrative efficiency for industry.
WILL I NEED TO UPDATE MY COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE TO RUN
No. You will only require an internet connection. The P-MARS SRM portal is web-based, much like online banking or online shopping.
WILL I NEED TO CHANGE HOW I LODGE CLAIMS AND ISSUE INVOICES?
Yes, there will be two main changes to the way you submit invoices:
- Currently, many of your invoices will be addressed to ACT Procurement (of the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate). As part of the process of submitting a valid tax invoice via P-MARS, you will need to address your invoice to the Directorate or agency you are contracted through.
- Instead of mailing or email, you will need to upload your tax invoice in the P-MARS SRM portal. Training will be available and your ACT government Project or Contract Manager will be able to guide you through the process of using the SRM portal.
WHEN WILL THE NEW SYSTEM GO LIVE?
A Pilot Period for P-MARS will run over July and August 2017. During this period, contractors will have the opportunity to trial the new system, undertake online training, seek help and ask questions.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
More information will be provided in the coming months and you will be invited to a briefing session scheduled for June 2017. You may certainly contact us if you have any queries at PMARS@act.gov.au.
HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO ACT GOVERNMENT’S NEW AUTOMATED INVOICING PROCESSING ARRANGEMENTS (APIAS)?
You may already be aware that the ACT Government is working toward the implementation of the Accounts Payable Invoice Automation Solution (APIAS) system. P-MARS is an entirely separate system specifically targeted towards projects that are defined as capital works. If your contract or works agreement/purchase order/work order will be managed through P-MARS, then further information will be provided to you in the coming months.
Where can I find more information?
- If you have any queries, please email PMARS@act.gov.au.
- Supplier Briefing Sessions are scheduled for June 2017. All current suppliers/contractors will receive an invitation via email.
P-MARS publications and links Download the information from this site as an Information Sheet
|P-MARS Supplier Communication Information v1.1 Updated 14 June 2017||124kb|